In life, sometimes we learn by our mistakes, they bring clarity for what we really want or don’t want in our lives. Living your life by design, involves choices, making choices that empower you to live the life you always dreamed of. What is it you really want in life, what is most important to you, how do you want to live? Then, take a moment just to visualize a day in the life of your dreams. What would you do, who would you talk to, how would it feel, look, smell. Using all your senses really experience a day in you dream life. So far, we have asked questions, and visualized our dream life. So what is holding you back from living your dream life.
1. Focus-You know what you want and don’t want, you know how you want live, love, and be treated. Anything that does not line up with your vision can be a hindrance. Start looking at your life as an observer, are you anywhere near where you want to be? If not take the first steps to living by design. Get clear, write down what you want, what is important to you, how do you want to work, live, love. Now, start, how do you start? With small steps, if you are not working your dream job, then make the changes to make it happen. Begin by researching, then take the training you need. If you have the skill sets, apply for the jobs you desire. So this step involves , researching what you need to do to get where you want to go, and then taking the appropriate action to get there.
2. Define- Clearly stating your vision for your life. Define it in simple yet powerful statements. Living my best life , while empowering others to do the same, is my passion and desire. Doing the work I love, having a full life with great loving relationships is important to me. Living a life in which I can travel, have time to create, and spend time with God, are all requirements for my life. What is important to you say it, think it, write it, clarify it, make it plain. Define it, then structure your thoughts, breaking everything down in realistic action steps.
3. Goals- How will you accomplish your dream? What are realistic time frames for you to accomplish your desires? What are the needed steps to take to get to where you want to be. Start with the small steps first, then the bigger goals. What can you accomplish next week, in three months, in a year, 5 years? Write it down. I like to make quarterly plans, and do a week to week check list toward my goals quarterly (3 month plan).
4. Release- Release all that is no longer serving you. Whether it is thoughts or feeling, such as fear, guilt, envy, selfishness, doubt, or negativity. When these self-limiting beliefs or thoughts come into your mind replace them with truth. I can do this, I am capable, wise and creative, I am endowed with power from God to accomplish anything I put my mind to. Affirmations help by replacing limiting beliefs with empowering thoughts. Release, people places and things, that have become like heavy baggage, pack light! Release your excuses!
5. Just do it- count the cost, you can do the same thing and stay where you are or, you can make some changes to get where you need to be. Just do it, have faith, be truthful with yourself and will fall into place, and what you need will show up expect it, and just do it!