Part of being a responsible adult is knowing that you will make mistakes in this game called life. For some of us the difficulty comes from taking responsibility for those mistakes. Taking responsibility for your mistakes is a true sign of maturity. It means that you recognized you made a mistake, you have taken responsibility for the consequences, and finally you can learned from your mistakes. Some of our most powerful life lesson come from mistakes we have made. We do ourselves a huge disservice, if we cannot take the time to sit quietly, evaluate the error, and then ask ourselves or others, how could I have handled this differently? Finding the answer to that kind of question ignites creativity,and self awareness.
Past mistakes and failures can cause us to live in regret, unforgiveness, and bitterness. Moving past your mistakes, learning from them, and then improving, and transforming yourself is an art form. You may ask, exactly, how do you, do that? Here are five steps to overcoming past mistakes, and moving forward.
1. Take the time to evaluate the mistake, as stated earlier ask yourself those important questions, such as have I done this before; is this a pattern, and how can I do this differently? Take the time to get the answers, write in a journal,or seek professional help, but answer these questions before moving forward.
2. Own the mistake, that means apologize to anyone you may have hurt in the process.Confess, the mistake to yourself and any other person involved. Take personal responsibility for your actions. Accept your part in the process and how your part affected yourself and others.
3. Forgive, this a big piece in the process. Forgive yourself first, for your actions. Forgive, others if they were involve. Remember the process, of forgiving fosters your personal growth. Forgiveness, is a gift you must unwrap to recieve. It is mostly for you, it allows you to take the next step to your personal growth. Forgiveness, allows you to remove the shackles of your past, freeing you to move forward.
4. Release it, let it go. Don’t hold on to the story, don’t hold onto your past. You may even have to change some situations, places or people, in order to release the mistake. All will be well, some of our biggest mistakes were actually signs that we had grown past places, people, or things. This is the time to release the baggage and move forward. You may have to write it out, talk it out, pray it out, but you have to release the mistake, to move on.
5. Move forward, just as seasons change, life keeps moving forward, and so must you. Go ahead take the step, meet the next day with your head held high knowing you have done all you could. After you done all you can do,move forward. You have to move forward to walk through your breakthrough!
Life is all about growth, and motion, you live, you learn, and you keep moving forward to new horizons. It is all a part of being powerfully you.