Living life on purpose, means living life with a vision and faith. It’s takes faith, discipline, the ability to make wise choices. How do you live life on purpose, well lets talk about it. It starts with your vision for your life. Have you thought about your hopes, dreams and desires? What are you doing about them. It is never to late to go after them. We are often our own biggest obstacle from accomplishing our dreams. Fear, is usually the emotion that keeps us captive, and stagnant.
Well let us break free from fear, what are you afraid of? Most times your fears are not real, but an illusion held by false beliefs. If you really want the life you desire, you have to go after it with a tenacious drive. Trust God, He is so good, and only wants good for you.
So here are some steps to consider:
1) Write you vision. The bible states write the vision make it plain.
2) Go for it, what are the small steps you can take, do. Break your goals down first in manageable steps, then big steps, next the unbelievable steps. The unbelievable steps, are the ones you give, to God with faith, and expectation. They will happen, trust God!
3) Share your vision with only those, who will truly celebrate your success,remember that your vision is just that;your vision, others may not understand.
4) Pray, all along the way, ask God to order your footsteps. He will direct your paths every step along the way.
5) See yourself doing what you desire, take time each day to meditate, pray, and visualize yourself doing what you dream about. Listen to God for instructions.
6) Study those who have successfully blazed the trail before you. Research, seek out those mentors, and remember, that if it happened for them it is possible for you too.
You can do it, live on purpose! Begin to question anything that distracts you, is it really necessary? Only you can answer that question.
I have had people ask me, “Does God talk to you?” Yes, He does and He can talk to you too. Conversations with God is not limited to a privileged few, but to all those who diligently seek Him. God desires to spend time with you, and if you are open to hear Him, He is so open and willing to speak to you.
When God speaks to you it is that still small quiet voice from within that directs you in a righteous direction. The Spirit of the Living God lives in you and is there to direct and guide you, He is that still small voice inside of you.
God’s voice directs you in righteousness, His voice lines up with the scriptures. His voice lines up with right living, and right thinking. For instance, God would never tell you to pursue a relationship with a married man or woman.
If and when you pray, if you include listening for God’s direction in your prayers as part of your prayer process, your prayer life will be more fruitful. The process of prayer is like having a conversation, you talk, then you listen. Listening is one of the most important aspects of prayer. Most people think offering up their request is the most important aspect, and many times you pray, ask for your request, offer praise, and then end your prayer. That is like walking away from someone in the middle of the conversation. Listening for God’s response is so important in prayer. The period of waiting for the response of God is an awesome place; because this is where you can get direction, guidance, reassurance, and encouragement. So remember listen, and wait with expectancy, for that still small, yet powerful voice of God; inside of you. For this is the place, of a wellspring of wisdom and spiritual direction. God talks to you, be quite and listen!